Thursday, January 19, 2012

Week #3 2012 - Jan 16-22

Mon 1/16 - 6 miles

Tues 1/17 - Ran to Hersey and back (extended).  Pretty relaxed on the way out at just under 7:00 pace.  Picked up on the return.  Cold and windy on way back.  Last 2-3 miles at 6:00 to 5:40 pace.  Icy.  12 miles

Wed 1/18 - Ran easy run in CL around 6:30.  42 minutes (6 miles+)

Thru 1/19 - Todays run was a battle.  #1.  Way too cold.  When finished it was 7 degrees (with wind it was -8 degrees).  #2  Ran in a very hilly part of CL.  #3.  Did not get enough sleep last night.  Fell asleep on the couch yesterday evening for about an a hour watching TV.  I never nap.  Not because I don't want too, just can't with two young kids.  Well this totally messed me up.  The mixture of the nap and some restless legs (I hate that) I could not fall asleep until 3am.  And just when I got to sleep Eli starts crying.  Not sure how how much sleep I got, but I felt it on the run.

Ran for 55 min. Felt super heavy up the hills and really slow.  Planned to do a hill workout, but didn't want to push too much in the cold.  Found a great place for hill repeats (about 500m long....tried a couple...they were tough).   Maybe I'll get the team out to CL next summer:).  Ended the run with 5 down hill striders...too cold for more.   (8 miles) 

Fri 1/20 - 60 minutes of running in crazy snow through the trails of Veteran Acres, Sterns Woods, and Covered Bridge.  Wasn't moving too fast, but the run was tough as the snow was coming down hard.  Eyelashes kept freezing up.  Temp 14 (w/ wind 4)  (8 miles)

Sat 1/21 - 49 minutes of running through Boulder Ridge.  Did a few pick-ups throughout the run, but too cold to get moving too fast.  (7 miles)

Sun 1/22 - One of the more dangerous runs I've ever done.  Dark and very icy.  Didn't seem too bad until about 10 minutes into the run and I almost ate it making a turn.  Baby-stepped much of the run as I felt like I was on an ice rink at times.  Any faster than 7:30 pace would have spelled disaster.  Not sure if I accomplished much, other than not falling.  (5 miles)

This wraps week #3.  Total miles for week = 52 miles.  Glad to be back up over fifty after having to miss two days the week before. Goal for coming week is to get close to or at 60.  After about a month now of solid consistent running I finally feel like I can start to add a bit more intensity.  Plan for more hills and threshold reps/runs if weather cooperates.  Plus need to get back to the weight room and get the guns back:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment