Monday, January 9, 2012

So it begins...Week #1 2012 - Jan 1-8

Each year I have intentions of starting off the year with a solid winter of running and many of those years have been foiled by the hustle and bustle of the holidays...and truly my laziness to get out and run in the cold.  As this 2012 year starts I'm glad to report I had the best Christmas break of running I've had in years.  I ran all but two days of my 17 day break, fit in a couple 12-14 mile long runs (most run 6-8 miles) and was even fortunate to get in a few runs with the old St. Charles North crew. 

2012 miles to date:

Sun 1/1 (New Years Day) - battled the cold and wind for a 69 min run (10 miles) - tough run, felt good on return.  Always good the start the year with a run.

Mon 1/2 - got in a 50 min run on windy golf course (7.5 miles)

Tues 1/3 - ran with Sheehan and the boys through town (7 miles) - young guns decided to hit it hard the last stretch...still got it...I think;)

Feeling a bit sick the past few days....knew we shouldn't have taken the kids to Monkey Joe's over break, as the whole Parks clan seems to have been hit hard.  The next few days could be a challenge.

Wed 1/4 - Ran easy with Courtney Brown toward Fremd (8 miles)  Always nice to run with the Alums.  One of my favorite things to do when they are back from break.

Thur 1/5 - Headed on a solo run into Deer Grove West.  (11 miles).  I know the trails will be snowed over soon enough.  mid-40's and in shorts.  Still battling a nasty cold.  Felt awful.  Wore my GPS to measure route since it was sunny and no leaves to block the signal.  Sub 7 min pace felt really tough today...so not sure if it was me or the GPS.

Friday, 1/6 - Ran 5 miles around trail at Barrington's Bakers Lake and Beese Park.

Sat, Jan 7 - Met Palatine Alums Courtney Brown and Sarah McIntosh at Barrington for a 90 min run through the hills.  (11.5 miles)

Sun, Jan 8 - Easy 3.5 miles around CL

Total for Week #1 of 2012 - 53.5 miles

Fairly pleased with my first week of 2012.  After a solid second half of December on top of this week I already feel like I'm rounding into decent shape.  However, I know I need to be patient.  Build mileage steadily and get in some weights and core work.

No comments:

Post a Comment