Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dec 3 to Dec 9, 2012 - BACK AT IT!

After a long XC season and an unprepared attempt a the Chicago Marathon...in back and itching to get back into good shape.  Since I started this blog last January it's been a busy year.  Baby Josie is now 7 months and while we are still adjusting to baby #3 things are finally starting to settle it seems.  This was a tough XC season, busy as usual, and even busier when I arrived home each night.  Thank God for my wife...without her I'd never do all I get to do. 

I made an unsuccessful attempt in running the Chicago Marathon.  I joked with everyone that I'd been tapering since the summer.  True...just that it was not planned.  My duties as teach & coach and my OCD tendencies to do too much simply got in the way.  However if not for a foot flare up the Monday before I may had popped a great race for minimal training.  Went in not knowing I'd even be able to run on the Friday before, to planning attempt a sub 2:30 running with my brother, to a change a plan a couple miles in that had me on pace up to the 20+ mile mark to run 2:25 and change.  Unfortunately the foot didn't cooperate and I was forced to pull up with a lame with a sore foot and a tight calve. 

After some time recuperating I'm feeling good and hoping for a good winter of running.

Here goes!

Mon 12/3 - Steady long run around CL.  Went through Veteran Acres, Covered Bridges, and up around Prairie Ridge. Awesome weather 70ish degrees.  Shorts and no shirt in December.  Nice!  1:20 total - 12 miles 

Tues 12/4 - Steady run with Quick, Sheehan, and Gates to Dundee and back via DG trail. 5.5 miles

Wed 12/5 - 61 min run around CL.  Through Veteran Acres to Covered Bridges where I did 25 or so of random Hill Fartlek.  Picking up pace on every uphill.  Reality of 30's and cold returned - 8.5 miles

Thur 12/6 - Steady run to Fremd and back with pick-up on return.  28:00 for 4.5 miles out/25:00 min for 4.5 miles on return.  Really got going on the way back.  Total time was under 6:00 pace.  Last few miles were 5:40 or faster with the last mile being 5:12. Easy mile cool-down afterward.  - 10 miles

Fri 12/7 -

Sat 12/8 -

Sun 12/9 -   

No comments:

Post a Comment